Ready, set, launch!
The successful launch of this program, and the support the entrepreneurs received in starting their businesses, was made possible by the giving Gloucester community, from its local government, business associations and small businesses.
While we can’t thank them enough for the donation of their time, talent and treasure, we can give them a public shout out here.
- Gloucester Main Street Preservation Trust is managing the program and investing funds up to $33,000 as well as supporting ongoing events and grants along Main Street in the Gloucester Village to assist current business owners and attract new business.
For more information, visit http://mspt.org/index.html.
- Gloucester Main Street Association is a group of Main Street business owners, residents, commercial and residential property owners and other individuals who have joined together to promote the Gloucester Village, drawing more people to the region. They are also investing $2,450 in the program. For Launch Gloucester, the GMSA also helped spread the word about the contest and will offer a membership to the winners and business support as they get underway.
For more information, visit http://gloucestervillage.com/index.php.
- The Gloucester County Board of Supervisors contributed $15,000 to Launch Gloucester, specifically for a marketing study and to help offset the cost of the entrepreneur training.
For more information, visit http://www.co.gloucester.va.us/BoardofSupervisors/tabid/593/Default.aspx.
- Gloucester Economic Development Authority (EDA) offers assistance to existing and new companies looking to do business in Gloucester. The EDA also contributed $15,000 to help fuel the program.
For more information, visit http://www.gloucesterva.info/EconomicDevelopment/tabid/950/Default.aspx.
- The Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce helps unite and support businesses throughout the county and also hosts the annual Gloucester Wine Festival. For Launch Gloucester, the Chamber helped spread the word about the contest and will offer a membership to the winners and business support as they get underway.
For more information, visit http://www.gloucestervachamber.org/
- Shop Talk, LLC provides partners with fast, high quality, economical services anytime and anywhere by delivering customer focused, integrated communication solutions. Margie Johnson is a retail and marketing consultant who works with Main Street businesses, helping them grow and thrive through her business coaching. For Launch Gloucester, she will lead the eight week training to help the contestants refine their business plans.
For more information, visit http://www.talkshopllc.com.
- East River Marketing looks at businesses from the top-down to the bottom-up and is committed to delivering a significant return on a client’s marketing expenditures. The firm is a marketing and creative company that provided in-kind video services to promote Launch Gloucester.
For more information, visit http://www.eastrivermarketing.com/index.htm.
- Consociate Media uses marketing, media and management techniques to blend the rich traditions of storytelling and modern communications to help market businesses. Consociate has offered in-kind and discounted services to Launch Gloucester to help both promote the program itself and as part of prize packages, which will include social media marketing, a website build, graphic design and public relations.
For more information, visit http://consociate.marketing.